Workshop: Deep Dive on Accessibility Testing
Once again I’ve teamed up with my friends at Smashing Magazine 😻 to share with you everything I know about web accessibility testing! In this smashing workshop we’ll talk about automatic and manual testing, screen reader basics, Single Page Applications, Dev Tools, and more.
Sounds interesting? Great! Here are some more details about the workshop:
What you will learn in this workshop
- Which testing tools are available and most commonly used.
- How to assess the accessibility of a component or page.
- The difference between automatic and manual testing.
- How to use automatic accessibility testing tools and how to interpret the results.
- How to use the keyboard to discover accessibility bugs.
- Screen reader basics and how to use them for accessibility testing, both on desktop and mobile devices.
- How to test the accessibility of Single Page Applications.
- Common pitfalls of Single Page Applications and how to avoid them.
- How to integrate accessibility testing in your day-to-day development workflow.
- Running tests on the command line and creating automated reports.
- Integrating accessibility testing in your build pipeline.
- Where to find information and help on how to build complex components.
Time and schedule
This workshop is split over five days. The workshop sessions will run on the following days:
- Mon, June 19, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
- Tue, June 20, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
- Mon, June 26, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
- Tue, June 27, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
- Mon, July 3, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
If you use this special link you get a 15% discount on the original price.
If you have any questions about the workshop, feel free to get in touch via mail. I hope to see you soon!